- Guest checkout link now available in flyout cart
- Can now edit orders within the flyout cart
- Message section added to the top of the Flyout Cart for Takeout Orders
- Coupon details display in the flyout cart
- New mobile friendly thank you page
- Customers can now set order details sooner in the ordering process
- New order confirmation email
These updates are specific to the most recent version of the Online Ordering Experience. Interested in updating your ordering site? Contact us.
New Features for Flyout Cart
The enhancements we made to the cart this month allow customers to make adjustments to their order and monitor availability while still in the ordering workflow. This will lessen the likelihood of your customers needing to leave the checkout process to make changes and reduce risk of cart abandonment.
Guest Checkout Added
If the Guest Checkout feature is enabled, the link will now appear in the flyout cart so customers can simply enter their email address and continue checking out directly from the cart.
Order Editing Features
Adjust item quantities or delete items from the flyout cart.
Message Section Added to the Top of the Flyout Cart for Take-Out
There is now a message section added to the top of the flyout cart for Take-Out orders so important order details like delivery specifications and availability are easily accessible throughout the ordering process, including:
Displays delivery method, date, time
A warning message displays if the order is within a 15-minute window of cut off time.
Displays message if the date/time is no longer available, regardless of why.
Coupon Details Display in the Flyout Cart
Once a promotion has been applied, the coupon details will be displayed right in the flyout cart.
Even More Take-Out Updates
In a contactless, to-go world, having the right tools to manage Take-Out orders is essential (just like you!) We’ve got lots in the works for this solution. Check out the new features we’ve added this month.
New Mobile Friendly Thank You Page
The user interface for desktop and mobile now focuses on the most important details of a Take-Out order. We made it easier to see the order name, name of the solution (like grocery or meal replacement), delivery or pick-up method, time the order will be filled, and order status.
Customers Can Now Set Order Details Sooner in the Ordering Process
Updated configurations for the fulfillment method, date, and time selector for the Take-Out solution set better expectations about service availability. The selection modal allows the customer to choose the delivery method, date, and time.
New Order Confirmation Email
- Logo for the invoice appears at the top
- Merge fields display site name and if the order has been received, scheduled, or confirmed
- “Do not reply to this email” displays at the top if the sender is orders@catertrax or [email protected]
- There is a new customizable message where you can set delivery instructions to automatically populate in your emails
- Request A Change button will direct the customer to the existing Change Request page without making them sign back into their account
- The More Details button directs to the existing invoice, without making them sign back into their account