- If there are less than 15 minutes to complete the checkout a message will display minutes remaining before the cut-off time. *
- Change Request button reflects when the order is placed and the cut-off time for change requests.
- Send the newly formatted mobile-friendly email right from the thank you page. *
- Invalid coupons are not added or displayed on an order. *
- Coupon error messages indicate the reason why a coupon cannot be processed. *
- Customers can now add a coupon on step 1 of check-out. *
- New look for coupons on the Online Ordering Experience and Native Theme.
- Ability to copy an old coupon for a new promotion.
- Ability to easily select the delivery method and date for take-out orders on mobile. *
*These updates are specific to the most recent version of the Online Ordering Experience. Interested in updating your ordering site? Contact us.
Countdown for Change Request Cut-Off
Cut-off times can be configured for any of our Take-Out solutions to control customers trying to submit change requests at the last minute. We have added a few new features to make this clear and friendly for your customers.
- If there’s less than 15 minutes to complete the checkout, a message will display the minutes remaining before the cut-off time (rounded down to the nearest minute) to help keep customers on track while placing their order for a designated time slot.
- The Change Request button in the Customer Order Confirmation email reflects when the order is placed in relation to the cut-off time for change requests. The button will only be included if the customer is still within the time slot to make a change request based on your business rules.
Forwarding New Email from the Thank You Page
Ah, the convenience of sharing good news. Now, after a customer places an order they can copy in additional recipients with a newly formatted mobile-friendly email by selecting Email on the thank you page.
Coupons – Clear and Effective Marketing
Promotional offers are a key way to drive take-out business – enticing customers to order again and driving new customers to your menu. In August we talked about the addition of coupon details in the flyout cart. This month we have a few more coupon features to share.
- Keep promotional offers clear and simple. Coupons will not be added or displayed on ineligible orders. Also, coupon error messages indicate the reason why a promotion cannot be applied, letting the customer know if their order doesn’t meet the minimum, the category or products included in the order aren’t eligible for the discount, or if the coupon has met the use limit.
- If your site is using the latest version of the online ordering experience, your customers can now add coupons on Step 1 of checkout.
- Re-use effective coupons! If you create a coupon using an existing coupon, the number of times it was used and the date it was last used are not carried over to the record for the new coupon. This allows you to replicate characteristics of a coupon promotion you loved to create a fresh new offer.
Placing an Order on Mobile? Start Here…
Customers start their mobile orders at the order details modal, setting the delivery method, date, and time before selecting menu items to ensure their desired fulfillment date and time are available.
Dynamic Flyout Cart Button
Before your customer signs in the button on the flyout cart says “Sign In/Register to Check Out”. After they sign in the button changes to “Check Out”, subtly guiding them through the ordering process each step of the way.