With strong ties to the foodservice industry on a national and local level, CaterTrax has seen firsthand the challenges that restaurants have encountered as a result of the pandemic.
In early 2021, our team developed a meal delivery program that aimed to accomplish two main goals:
- Show our gratitude to local first responders and frontline healthcare workers for their dedicated service to the community
- Support local, independently owned restaurants in Rochester that had to pivot operations in 2020 to align with statewide mandates
In working with four local restaurants, CaterTrax coordinated the delivery of meals to first responders and frontline healthcare workers in our community. Over the course of several months, 1,000 meals were prepped, packaged, and delivered across Rochester, to:
- An Army Reservist base
- Rochester Firefighters at 16 firehouses
- Members of the Rochester Police Department at 6 locations
- Staff members at the Park Ridge Living Center
- Staff members at the Unity Living Center
- Members of the CHS ambulance team
- Staff members at RGH MICU
- Respiratory Therapists and MICU staff members at Strong
We’d like to send a big thank you to the restaurants that partnered with us to make this program a success. It wouldn’t have been possible without the support of you and your staff!
And if you haven’t had a chance, check out our meal delivery story on 13WHAM! Click here to view the video.